Producer, Director, Writer
Robert has 30 years as a producer, director and writer of media productions. As a Producer and Executive Producer for Hughes Electronics, Robert created and/or oversaw a wide variety of productions (and later, for Boeing when that company purchased his Hughes division). He was appointed manager of Hughes Corporate Visual Media, producing media for many of the corporation's various divisions. These include programs for:
- Corporate image/Public relations
- Major product line promotions
- National and International trade shows
- Internal communications, including a company-wide video magazine that was distributed to 40,000 Hughes employees across the US
- Cross-corporate communications with GM, Hughes' parent company
He was the Executive Producer for a variety of promotional pieces that Hughes produced for the Air Force, the Navy and for government and corporate security establishments.
Robert was the Executive Producer of a series of videos honoring the recipients of special Chairman's Honors Awards, a role he was chosen for over four successive years. Several of the videos made under his aegis won awards, including one he personally produced, which took the Communicators Crystal Award for Excellence.
Earlier, Robert produced media for the Hughes Space and Communications Group. In that position, he wrote and produced a broad spectrum of employee informational and training programs. Some highlights:
- The building and launch of satellites
- The techniques of on-orbit satellite operations
- The assembly of composite structures
- Protecting satellite electronics from the disabling effects of static electricity
- Hughes' transition from two- to three-axis stabilized satellites (which enabled a major leap in on-orbit power and capacity)
- Unique documentaries, such as:
- The Galileo mission to Jupiter (Hughes supplied the planetary probe)
- The tricky business of rescuing satellites stranded in space
Alert to the technological advances in his field, Robert pioneered the use of non-linear editing systems at Hughes.
Early In his career, Robert worked in educational films. He co-produced (and also photographed) an award-winning series of films about some of Mexico's most celebrated folk artists. He wrote, produced and/or photographed for a number of media companies, including Churchill Films, Encyclopaedia Britannica Films, The Works, Fundamental Films, and Meta 4 Productions.
Since leaving Hughes/Boeing, Robert has completed a documentary for the California Wellness Foundation, chronicling an unusual and highly successful grant program that focuses on young people and promotes various aspects of community health.
Virtually all of Robert's work in media has employed his writing skills. Recently, he wrote a video for the US Army's Medical Materiel command, and a promotional video for a sophisticated new eye care diagnostic system. He has also written several original theatrical screenplays.
- A unique ability to understand and translate his client's vision
- Sound decision-making and creative problem-solving
- A commitment to performing within schedule and budget
- The ability to foster a collegiate atmosphere within a production team
- Experience in all facets of production
Robert enjoys various music genres and is studying piano; he enjoys theater and reads both fiction and non-fiction. He is a member of the Los Angeles World Affairs Council and the California Space Authority.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - (310) 821-7921 - (310) 403-8113 [cell]